Friday, February 1, 2013

uri intwari



Today is Hero's Day in Rwanda, a national holiday. (Uri intwari is "you're a hero" in Kinyarwanda.) I had the day off so Scrm and I walked around "town." From what I can tell town is just the more expensive part of Kigali where the embassy and NGO workers live.

Here are a few pictures from my Friday afternoon.








During lunch today, a bus full of older French people came... So we took creepy pictures.

 


I'm hoping to bring my camera along for whatever I end up doing tonight. My goal is to document this weekend in pictures since last weekend was mostly written. Tomorrow I have a Dowry Introduction in the Eastern province. I get to wear a  traditional African dress... Excited.

I ran into Ferdinand's grandfather today. It made my afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment