Friday, February 15, 2013

Mandazi






Last week, Agnes taught me how to make mandazi. If you cannot tell from the picture, they are balls of fried dough. Pretty much big doughnut holes. And they are delicious.

I only burned myself with hot oil once. Or twice.

Please note the fantastic apron. Martha Stewart has got nothing on me these days. Except maybe insider trading.

Winning.







And the finished product. If I may suggest a new adjective: Nomerific.
 As hectic as this week has been, a few things have made it special. One is the gentleman to the right. He is a wind up pigeon who I lost my composure over at the bus station yesterday. He will be coming home as a gift for one the the kids that I babysit. I don't know how he feels about pigeons but I'm not entirely sure that I care.








And this is the thermos I am now taking to work with me. It holds a liter. The coffee here is disappointing in caffeine content but is still comforting on a cold morning which we have had a few of this week.



And my Valentine's Day surprise from Scrm. I said I liked his bracelets a few days ago and of course he remembered and got me a few. What a thoughtful guy.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE*LOVE*LOVE these pictures, Erika! And your life in Kigali sounds like so much fun! I looked at today's weather and it looks like a perfect day - not too hot and not too humid.

    Keep the pictures coming...

    ReplyDelete