Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 1

From the balcony/porch type situation outside where I'm staying.

I landed in Kigali at 1:30 this morning. I am already amazed at how much there is to see and do.

The trip was fairly uneventful. No one sitting next to me took detailed notes on everything I did and I did not wake up to anything uncomfortable either so I'd call it a success.

Today I: went to the supermarket, learned how to use the shower, and napped. My internship supervisor is on his way over to meet with me. I'm excited to hear about what I will be doing while I am here.

I think I may finally be hungry for the first time since I left Chicago. Excellent.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you and this awesome journey you're on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all your pictures, especially the gorillas!

    ReplyDelete