Thursday, December 6, 2012

25 days

I originally planned on writing weekly until I leave but hey, at least I'm writing.

The more I'm learning about Rwanda the more difficulty I am having reconciling what I believed to be true with what really is. The possibility that I have been inadvertently contributing to causes that are counter to my own is getting to me. All I can do from here is make mindful and well informed decisions based on the most information I can gain about a topic. But then again, I thought that was what I was doing before. I want to be a good global citizen and I'm not sure that I know how to anymore.

However, this article gave me hope. Not in the information that it provides but in the fact that someone is providing it.

Whoever said a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step should have mentioned how stinkin' hard those first steps can be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to 1) learning about Rwanda, and 2) learning the TRUTH about Rwanda from your experiences.

    ReplyDelete